Friday, October 06, 2006

People from Minnesota deserve better

NHL Cnetre ICE is free for a week to start the new NHL season. Great news right. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Now I get games, but I also get 15 differnet teams of announcers fucking up my watching experience.

Now to be fair, Greg Millen is a fucking idiot and Pierre McGuire is the dumbest man on the planet. Both of these guys make watching an NHL game in Canada as close to unbearable as you can get, BUT, big BUT they are head and shoulders above the idiots that clog the local coverage of American teams.

The sad and surpirsing revalation of my night last night was the coverage in Minnesota. Minnesota is basically Canada, people aren't rude, it's cold as fuck and they love hockey, oh yeah and the NHL screwed them out of a team and moved it to the Fucking south TWICE robbing a deserving market of a team so San Jose and TEXAS could get a team. Basically, Minnesota is Canada in a horribly sad yet good way.

Before I get into Minnesota's crack team I can give you a shameful example from San Jose where the announcer said that Joe Thornton was a"surprisingly good passer, something his NHL opponents had yet to realize". Thornton is a 20 to 30 goal scorer who happens to get 100 points a season. I wonder where he gets those other points? Anyway thankfully the San Jose announcers cleared it up for the league, Thornton can pass the puck. Maybe I'll take him in my pool, now I have this extra fucking information. I wonder if any wingers have benefitted from his secret ability? FUCK!

Anyway that was nothing, the big one came from a guy, a big fat stupid guy whose association with hockey extended as far as the season before the lock out. To prove how fucking stupid he was he said the following.

"I never understood the redline in hockey, I mean in football we want that long pass, like in Minnesota when we had Culpepper to Moss, the long bomb. That's what I didn't understand, that's what we want and I am glad it is in the NHL now."

I fucking hate people.

Minnesota deserves better than a guy who uses dated football analogies to describe why he likes the new rules. We are changing the game that we love to suit the wants and desires of assholes. If we are changing rules to broaden the audience shouldn't we go back and check if these are the types of fuckers we want watching our game? Is it really just about selling more tickets, is that why we did it? The game wasn't broken, Atlanta, Carolina, New Jersey, Nashville and the Florida's couldn't sell tickets so we changed the fucking game and made it arena football (which is a more popular sport in the US than hockey by the way).

This "I never watched, it was too violent, I didn't like the rules" bullshit spectator who is suddenly a fan is helping a fucking cocksucking asshole basketball president ruin the game I loved. Fuck Bettman, Fuck Thornton and fuck commentators.

FUCK HOCKEY (go Bruins)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home