Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Update on the Bobby Orr issue

Update on the Bobby Orr issue:

One of ESPN's key/popular Hockey writers, Steve Buccigross, did a one on one with a douche bag who chimed in yet again on the Bobby Orr vs. Gretzky debate. The guy wrote a book and Gretz lost because he didn't fight.

I mailed in my rant abotu Orr and Gretz. Well they read it, and published the first paragraph. Both fortunate and unfortunate. The message was correctly placed in the first paragraph, unforunately the supporting evidence was located in the five pages that followed.

oh well, I almost had an impact. Here is the clip and link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=buccigross_john&id=2701616

John,

Who was better, Gretzky or Orr? Well, I am afraid this is where the blasphemy begins. I believe, nay, I know that not only is Wayne Gretzky the greatest player of all time, but Orr really is not even in the top 10.

That explosion you heard was ******** internally combusting. (John's response)


To close out this issue I would like to say that I am amazed at how important being tough is in hindsight. All of these journalists and writers who considered hockey dead before the strike because of "clutching and grabbing", now couldn't be happier with the new bullshit rules that have created a league of pussy's .

HOWEVER, they still judge Gretzky on his perceived "softness". They wanted a league with no contatct, got that league, then turn around and say Orr was tough and Crosby will be better than Gretzky because he is tough. Watch the 1984 Cup final and talk to me about tough skilled hockey.

Gretzky had no time to be tough, he was too busy SCORING LIKE A LUNATIC FOR 20 YEARS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home