Thursday, December 14, 2006

Are you like me?

Are you like me? DO you change the fucking TV station every single time Sportsnet or TSN or Headline sports start talking about the fucking Raptors?

Does anybody in Canada outside of the GTA watch basketball?

I seriously doubt it. The bigger problem is the time they dedicate to a team that has been shit for over ten years.

Why all the nicknames? Why all the hard interviews with guys who don't want to play in Toronto? Why do I care if the Wizards beat the dinasours in a game, unless it is 1983 and we are talking about D&D?

Top ten quotes that help me hate- yeah baby, hard to the hole, driving the lane, nothing but net, Brick, slam dunk champ, tight D, no look pass and DEE BROWN IS IN THE HOUSE.

Fuck the NBA

2 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Howie Feltersnatch said...

Fuck yo couch & fuck your Celtics. There is a quiet racism that permeates throughout Canada towards basketball. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of black millionaires play a sport half-assed because they've all got guaranteed contracts.

You'd think there would be more interest in basketball around Ottawa seeing how the game was invented by a man that grew up in Almonte, Carleton U has won 4 national champioships in a row and Steve Nash is the reigning 2 time NBA mvp.

I'll be the first to admit the NBA sucks for the most part because of the lure of big cash which entices the kids to leave the NCAA's early, therefore rendering the NBA product less polished. Back in the Bird & Magic days everyone could hit the open jumper. Back then what I found amazing is that anyone could jump while wearing John Stockton's nutters.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger King Normandy said...

Careful with the rasicm, I hate the white guys too.

I think I hate it bcause of the under performance you mentioned. The NBA is always boring and the NCAA is always exciting. Why is that? The kids have something to play for.

The Bird and Magic years were awesome and the league just hasn't come anywhere close since. To compound that we are are bored to death with Raptors highlights. Where is the rest of the league? Are there any other teams? The actual stars of the league are met with zero press here. I personally love AI and you never fucking see him.

Basically the bad TV coverage I mentioned earlier has made me hate the NBA. We don;t have a team in this city so don't try and force one team on us. As for the race issue, Black, White, Green or Orange give them their money, just make them play for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home