Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Vegas in September

It is killing me, but I am not going to go to Vegas in June. Instead I have started dreaming/planning a trip in September.

Jason and I have batted about an Arizona NFL trip a couple of times, but this time it is going to happen. Markus mentioned September in Vegas earlier this week and it got me thinking.

Now when I go on vacation I like "HEAT" and while Vegas is in the desert it ain't always hot. However, it is hot in September. Here is what you need to know about the weather in Las Vegas in September -September begins at 40 degrees, averages 35 and enters October at 28. That is great pool weather as far as I am concerned. I need a couple of hours by the pool everyday. It is the only thing in the city you can do for free and I like to drink and the pool strikes me as a great place to do just that.

On top of the weather, September/October is always like the alignment of the planets in the world of sports. Every sport is starting, ending or in progress. I love the sports book and this is "THE" time of the year at the book.

As for the NFL aspect of the trip.

Glendale Arizona is 467km away from downtown Vegas. A nice 4 hour drive, we rent a van this time, bring some tunes, share the driving and we have it made in the shade.

The 2006 schedule is not out yet, but we know the season begins on September 7th. The first Sunday of the season is September 10th. The other potential dates are the 17th, 24th and October 1st. Now obviously these aren't all home dates, but if we can get 2 out of four we have some nice options.

If we were to gamble on potential opponents, the Cardinals will be playing the following teams at home this season. St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Kansas City and Dallas

As for prices, as of January it looks like we can do Vegas in September for anywhere $750 at the Flamingo/Excalibur/Hooters, $800 at the New York, New York/Monte Carlo. The other name hotels are between $900 and $1100.

So for the bare bone facts

Weekends - September 10, 17, 24 & October 1
Temperature - 35 Degrees Celsius
Travel to Arizona - 4 hours - 467 km

Price - $700 - $800

Update
Don Rickels is in Vegas in September - a lot of racism goes along way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home