Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sportscentre sucks and I am depressed

Isn't it the worst feeling in the world (yes ahead of the death of your own child) when the only sports news Canadian press has to talk about, OTHER THAN THE OLYMPICS, is the fucking Toronto Raptors. It's like they should just shut down the network for three weeks. No joke, on TSN.ca they have a story about the Raptors game tonight and a story about the Argos new head coach. Seriously?

I think I am over the whole Olympic movement. Just give us our 12 bronze medals and the one gold we care about, sorry ladies, but your brand of hockey is TOTALLY unwatchable, 13 year old boys play a tighter game, and let's get back to the NHL.

Sorry, my point was that while I may be tired of the Olympics, I hate the Toronto Raptors. My reasons are simple, it has to do with gambling or a lack there of. Remember the good old days when you could bet on basketball with proline? If you don't, it was awesome. 3pts was a tie. It was like taking candy from a baby. The NBA gives a team to a city 500kms away and all of a sudden I can't bet on basketball (I need a list on why I hate the city of Toronto). Nobody cares about this team, but I have to watch highlights all night long that lead into more NBA highlights that nobody cares about and then finally we get back to the non-Canadian NHL highlights and boom I have missed most of Letterman.

Fuck the NBA and not just because they gave us Gary Bettman.

sorry - this got me thinking, a quick thought on Bettman.

He was brought in to strengthen the NHL's position in the US because of his successes in the NBA.

Well this twatt ran the NBA during the end of the Bird Magic years (the best the NBA has ever scene or will ever see) and he happened to have a guy named Michael Jordan in his prime to help promote his product. What exactly did he do that made him a success. Nike, Converse and Reebok should have been the commissioners because that little hard-on Bettman did nothing but be white, short and useless. Anyway, his genius earned him the NHL job and...

then that little twatt, took over a league with Gretzky and Lemieux and did nothing but bring the NHL to bad markets (see blog) and take teams away from good markets. He has pushed salaries through the roof, forced two strikes, cost us a full season and half of another and prematurely ended the careers of some of the greatest players the game has ever seen, etc. etc.

FUCK BETTMAN, DEATH TO HIM IS THE ONLY JUSTICE


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home