Thursday, April 27, 2006

Get off your ass and grab it!

Getting off your ass! Apart from depressing us on purpose or singing silly love songs, every once and a while a song will make you stand up and cheer. Well not really, but it will make you almost get off the couch...and strech. If you needed to anyway.

"If you want it, come and get it, for crying out loud" - Babylon, David Gray.

If you have ever hesitated over a woman this is a battle cry to get off you ass, and grab hers.

"Dam it listen to me good, I'm sleeping with my self tonight, sick and tired, thank god my music's still alive" - Someone saved my life tonight Bernie Taupin.

Fuck off groupies; I am so phoney I am making myself sick, thank god I still rock. He was right, fuck was he right.

"I just want to scream hello!" - elderley Woman..., Pearl Jam.

It is so fucking positive there for a second. Even I have a smile on my face when I hear it. I like to think he is seeing a lost love for the first time and realizes he is genuienely glad to see her after so long. But whatever, it is one of my favorite concert experiences, just joining in.

“Make up your mind, shake you fist, just don’t leave it like this.” Bad, bad boy, Haywire.

I like the sentiment here, very similar to David Gray, but as it turns out this guy is just looking for a shag tonight and she’s been teasing him all night, so as it happens I like it even more.

"Met a girl and we had a few drinks and I told her what I decided to do. She looked out the window a long, long moment, then she looked into my eyes. She didn't have to say a thing, I knew what she was thinking." Roll me away, Bob Seger.

He does tell us, and he's right, but man if we could all meet people like this. Fuck the mundane, take some advice from the movie Tombstone and "grab that filly by the waste and make her your own." Why does Bob Seger make you want to hit the road and leave it all behind?

“I don’t know where my soul is, I don’t know where my home is.” I’m like a bird, Nelly Furtado.

Unfortunately for Nelly and the rest of us, she fucked up and had a baby and ruined a lot of the good things she had going for her, namely, she found her home and her soul. Cost her a promising career.

“shut up and, Fight!.” Hooker with a penis, Tool.

Tired of talking, stop the debate, have a problem? This is some good advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home